also I have a new website @ www.theaskraftykitchen.com



Translate

Monday, August 3, 2015

Goblin king mask From the movie The Labyrinth


#The Labyrinth #The Goblin King #Paper Mache #masquerade masks
Just Painted, But the way the light is reflecting makes it seem not as dark.


#The Labyrinth #The Goblin King #Paper Mache
Here is a screen shot of The Goblin King with the mask on.
 
This all started because one of my dear friends Christina has an indefinite infatuation with the movie, The Labyrinth. However I cannot blame her David Bowie was totally hot in that movie and Jim Henson's goblins and creatures were and still are so magical.


Here is my progress so far. Still needs another layer of love and some sanding before it gets painted.
#The Labyrinth #The Goblin King #Paper Mache
In this image, most of the 3D, effect came out to my desired liking so I could move on.

But it was started with making a paper Mache mask, then making horns using coat hangers and newspaper for thickness. I have seen tutorials on ho
#The Labyrinth #The Goblin King #Paper Mache #Halloween Props
I have added the definition to the horns.
w they use tin foil, however it seems like a waste of time because you still have to go over it with masking tape for anything to stick. So when trying to achieve thickness I just figured newspaper was the cheapest way to go, due to using coat hanger for the sturdiness of the horns.
#The Labyrinth #The Goblin King #Paper Mache
In This image, it was the start with a basic paper Mache mask I did, and the horns.
 After I had them the thickness I desired, I used twine to wrap around to give the horns a horn like definition. Then you can use glue and tissue paper to keep it intact and look more horn like.
 
 
 
 

But here you can see the different phases of building it up to have more of a 3D dimension to resemble more of the mask on Labyrinth (The Goblin King).
#The Labyrinth #The Goblin King #Paper Mache
Here I started adding some definition or 3D visual to the piece.


.
 



2 comments: